Thursday, February 23, 2012

'Naked Food' is on it's way!



Welcome to 2012 and welcome to my new blog NAKED FOOD!
Yes, I have changed the name of the blog from 'LIVE LAUGH LOVE.... Real Stories of Food & Travel' to 'NAKED FOOD...The Way Food was meant to be!', as this is going to be the title of my new book, coming out later this year. The blog will be similar to what it has been, with a mix of food, fresh produce markets, favourite places to eat out and travel to, just under a new name! The new book 'NAKED FOOD' will consist of many recipes, as well as the story of the janeCOOKS journey, and a few other lovely features. A book for you to learn from, cook from and share with friends on your coffee table.


After a lovely break over the Christmas & New Year period including a family holiday to the NSW South Coast, I have returned recharged and ready for the busy year ahead.



We opened the garden in mid January to the public, for our first janeCOOKS 'Come & See Our Hens & Garden' Afternoon. The weather had been a little damp leading up to the weekend, but thankfully the clouds parted and the sun shone through, to make for a delightful afternoon of learning and tasting in the garden. It was wonderful to see so many come along, all interested in learning about growing your own vegetables and making simple food from the produce. It was especially nice to see lots of young children there eager to learn and get involved.
After a delicious afternoon tea of Homemade Organic Lemonade with Banana, Oat & Blueberry Muffins, we took a tour of the Vege Patch.


I was grateful to have lots of young helpers and we talked about and picked some lovely fresh produce from the garden.





Back under the shade of the trees, I demonstrated how to make two simple summer salads with Garden Produce, a Mediterranean Salad with a homemade basil dressing and a Tomato, Basil & Feta Salad, then we had a tasting of both.







To conclude the afternoon we let the hens come out into the garden to free range and meet the guests. This was a big hit with the children present!





For the month of February I am pretty much in lock down finalising and testing recipes to be edited and working on the other features within the book,



as well as meeting with my lovely graphic designer Nicky, to create the look and feel of the book.





It is a both an exciting and daunting process for me, as I step out of my comfort zone into doing something I have never done before! There has been lots of working to deadlines, in preparation for the photo shoot for the food photography for the book, which begins mid March through to the end of April.
I'll keep you posted with the progress of it all and when the book will be launched and available for purchase! I am looking forward to a signed copy for my own coffee table!

No comments: